Stay! Or don't...

For fresh fruit, go to mattipaasio.com

4.5.2014

The Elusive Mr Marlowe


The Marlowe PapersThe Marlowe Papers by Ros Barber
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have a confession to make. I tried and I tried to finish this book. Just couldn't do it. This "novel in verse" made me so mad that for the sake of my health and that of the others, I had to pull the plug on it. I was on page 356 when this happened. And now I'm happy again.

Want a description of what went on until I bailed out? It was intense. It was that poem of Marlowe's, "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" recited by his sheep.

However, I gave an extra star for the one good line in this work. It goes,

"Did I die swearing? ... see how I live!"

You can't catch a glimpse of it in this book, or any other, for that matter, that I have come across on the elusive Mr Marley or Merlin or Marlowe.

You can't catch him in the works of William Shakespeare, either.

You know where to find him.

Go to him.

View all my reviews

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti